Free Tips For Feng Shui Decorating
Starting with the Chinese origin, Asian home decorating is called Feng Shui which gives the idea of object positioning and space. Asian home decorating relates the house with health and wealth.
Decorating with Feng Shui principles involves the movement of energy and moving blocked areas so energy moves at a balanced pace around the entire home. Feng Shui practitioners will use all types of tools to move this energy. This could involve decorating with mirrors, water, plants, color, sound, scent, and more.
Feng Shui philosophy is based on the five elements (fire, water, metal, wood, and earth), and relies heavily upon the creative cycle. The Chinese have used feng shui not only in home interior design, but also in agriculture and urban planning. Many of China’s major cities are planned using feng shui. Successful business people like Oprah Winfrey, Rupert Murdock, and Donald Trump have reportedly used feng shui in their homes, and many offices and hotels are now employing feng shui consultants. With many wealthy people using feng shui home interior design, designers with experience in this specialty are in high demand.
Some tips for Feng Shui decorating:
When embarking on Feng shui decorating, either at home or office, avoiding floor plans with small cramped rooms, keep the design free flowing. Avoid long hallways because the energy moves too quickly down the hall. Avoid excessive overhead lighting. Choose warm full spectrum lighting instead. While decorating with Feng Shui, keep sharp corners to a minimum. Place healthy plants in a decorative manner throughout the home. Arrange couches and chairs in a way that allows people to see the door and for easy conversation. Be careful of too many knick-knacks. This can mean decorative clutter and it can quickly get out of control.
Feng shui cures help in decorating with objects and products that can balance the energy levels and redirect harmful energy. Sharp corners and angles are never a part of Feng shui decoration since they are considered a destructive influence. A simple bamboo plant that is evergreen is a good luck symbol and is popularly used in Feng shui decorations. Decorating through Feng Shui principles is not hard, just feel the space and follow a few good Feng Shui ideas to decorate a home that’s great to live in.
EhomeE Related Posts
More from this category
- Chinese FengShui and Room Color Choice
- Study Room Design – Feng Shui Tips For Study Room
- Free Tips For Feng Shui Decorating
- Feng Shui Tips For Bedroom
- Feng Shui Decorating In USA
- Creating Good Feng Shui In A Mansion
- What is Feng Shui
- Yin and Yang – Feng Shui Decorating
- Feng Shui And Life
- Home Office Feng Shui Tips 2
- Archive for 'Feng Shui' »
More from this category
- Holiday Decor: Dining Room and Living Room Decorating
- Tuscan Theme Room Decorating Ideas
- Home Color Scheme–Update Your Room With Paint
- Interior Color Scheme–Adding Black To Your Room
- Modern Rooms Color Design Inspiration Theme
- Modern Family Room Designs
- Home Color Scheme–Red(& Pink )and White
- How To Choose The Best Sofa & Chair Slipcovers
- Home Update–Window Treatment Designs
- Contemporary Home Designs with Wooden Flooring From Harper & Sandilands
- Archive for 'Interior Decorating Ideas' »