The Cabinets Dresser Detail
Rescue a tired room with a fresh, graphic paint stencil used on a single standout furniture piece. The dresser’s treatment works because it repeats one large silhouette design in stark white against a deep, saturated color. To re-create this look, enlarge a leaf shape. Cut as many leaves as you want from repositionable adhesive vinyl (find at a signmaker’s shop). Place the leaf cutouts on the dresser drawers, apply a thin coat of acrylic matte medium, and roll on several thin coats of the finish paint. Carefully remove the vinyl when the last paint coat is dry to the touch. Use a utility knife on stubborn edges.
Tips: Try your hand at virtual painting. Lots of paint companies equip their websites with a program that allows viewers to paint a virtual room (one you’ve selected to look like yours at home), trying out thousands of paint colors. You can even assign colors to the décor in the virtual room to get a more accurate picture of how the paint colors will look against your stuff at home.
More from this category
- Cute Nursery Arrangement
- Creat a Romantic Rome with Red, Pink and White
- Modern and Eco-friendly Design SEESAW Faucet
- New-Traditional Style Room Design
- Antique Cottage Style Bedroom Designs
- Building a Floor-to-ceiling Storage Cabinets for Your Bathroom
- White House In Winter–Interior Design
- Small Narrow Bathroom Creative Design
- Colourful Modern Apartment Design By What We Do
- Modern Minimalist Look Sanitary Ware in Rustic Bathroom
- Archive for 'Interior Design, Home improvement' »