Create a graphic backdrop for a display of tableware
Modern Art Background
Create a graphic backdrop for a display of tableware, collectibles, and boxes by creating a speckled effect on sturdy illustration board. Speckle the board with drips, splatters, and fine dots of two latex paint colors. Apply a fine mist of one color to the illustration board with a specking brush (follow the instructions on the brush). Next apply large drips and drops of paint on the board. Add more drips by loading the brush tip with paint and holding it above the board. Repeat with your second color. Let dry. The highly textured effect is tough to sand out, so tack the board inside cabinets or behind shelves for an interesting background that can be removed later.
Tips: Using your 2 or 3 final colors, paint a 1- to 2-foot square of each color on the same wall of your room. It won’t be hard to decide which one refreshes the room while incorporating your existing décor.
More from this category
- Cute Nursery Arrangement
- Creat a Romantic Rome with Red, Pink and White
- Modern and Eco-friendly Design SEESAW Faucet
- New-Traditional Style Room Design
- Antique Cottage Style Bedroom Designs
- Building a Floor-to-ceiling Storage Cabinets for Your Bathroom
- White House In Winter–Interior Design
- Small Narrow Bathroom Creative Design
- Colourful Modern Apartment Design By What We Do
- Modern Minimalist Look Sanitary Ware in Rustic Bathroom
- Archive for 'Interior Design, Home improvement' »