A Glamorous Country Style Home, Full Of Color And Bold Prints
My favorate interior design project from countryliving. This is a 19th-century houses in New York’s Catskills, renovate by Gotham magazine lifestyle editor, Jason Oliver Nixon, and decorator John Loecke , now it is a weekend retreat, full of color, bold prints, and a playful spirit.
Black kitchen cabinets, colorful decoration
Built-in drawers and storage cubbies compensate for no closets.
A Chinese-Inspired Railing, green color
This railing was inspired by a Chinese garden bridge.
Modern English Country Living Room
The overall design was meant to harken to the classic interiors found in the English country house of a century ago–rooms filled with antiques, sculptural furniture pieces, and botanical patterns and prints on the walls. John and Jason reinterpreted the look, however, by introducing some decidedly offbeat pieces, including silver scallop sconces, giraffe print pillows, and a tropical-inspired chandelier.
Faux bathroom paneling was crafted of 4×4′s.
Flea Market Equestrian Prints
Flea-market equestrian prints pop against a chocolate-brown wall.
“By putting a few pieces of large furniture in a small space, a room feels bigger,” observes John. “It’s a trick of the eye and a fact about decorating that surprises.”
Eclectic Living Room
photo credit: Lucas Allen
EhomeE Related Posts
More from this category
- Cute Nursery Arrangement
- Creat a Romantic Rome with Red, Pink and White
- Modern and Eco-friendly Design SEESAW Faucet
- New-Traditional Style Room Design
- Antique Cottage Style Bedroom Designs
- Building a Floor-to-ceiling Storage Cabinets for Your Bathroom
- White House In Winter–Interior Design
- Small Narrow Bathroom Creative Design
- Colourful Modern Apartment Design By What We Do
- Modern Minimalist Look Sanitary Ware in Rustic Bathroom
- Archive for 'Interior Design, Home improvement' »