Decorating a Living Room with Blue, Green and White
Whether your living room is a 21 foot length with a large picture window at one end or you live in a tiny apartment and the living room is bijou to say the least, there are living room décor ideas to suit you and your budget.
If I was choosing a color scheme for my living room I would go to the cooler colors on my color wheel chart – the blues and greens which can be used in different shades to achieve a ‘joined-up’ look of cool elegance.
I always make sure that, when I paint my ceiling, I use a light shade of the room’s main color on my ceiling so, if my color scheme was blue, I would use the lightest eggshell blue I could find for my ceiling and then a slightly deeper shade of blue for my walls.
If you have mouldings you could paint those completely white, or go for a darker shade of blue to both the walls and the ceiling. I would use matt paint on my walls and a paint with some kind of sheen on the mouldings.
For windows, to add height, place the curtain pole as high as possible near to the ceiling. This will give your curtains plenty of drop to achieve an elegant drape.
You would think, wouldn’t you, that a large picture placed on the wall in a small room would be overpowering. Surprisingly, it isn’t.(via)
EhomeE Related Posts
More from this category
- Creat a Romantic Rome with Red, Pink and White
- Sexy Ladies Decorate Your Walls！
- Leather Sofa and Other Handcrafted Designs
- Modern Luxury Farmhouse Living Room Design
- Modern Family Room Designs
- Pretty Chairs From Alice Lane Home
- Modern Contemporary Living room Design: Blue and Orange
- White Living Room Designs
- Pink Living Room Designs – Contemporary Style
- Country Style Living Room Furniture and Sofas
- Archive for 'Living Room' »