Modern Home Office Ideas and Designs
The second-floor office of designer Kevin Rein
Ideas for small spaces: Gray walls + simple furniture: Ralph Lauren ‘Grange Hall’er’s Ohio farmhouse, painted Grange Hall by Ralph Lauren. When painting small homes and spaces, Reiner advises using restraint: “I use no less than three and no more than five paint colors in similar tones throughout the house to create a flow.”
Photo by Don Freeman, Country Living.
In her newly-built Hamptons ‘barn,’ Ina Garten turned an alcove outside her bedroom into a small office. Walls are painted Farrow & Ball’s White Tie. The antique desk is from Bloom, in Sag Harbor, and the photo of Luxembourg Gardens is by Jean-Michel Berts.
Photo by Simon Upton, House Beautiful.
Ideas for small spaces: Vintage apothecary cabinet for storage, from Elle Decor
The home office of accessories designers Richard Lambertson and John Truex’s rural Connecticut home. They designed the desk; a vintage apothecary cabinet serves as a storage unit; factory lights are from Privet House. Displayed throughout are paintings by Truex, vintage commercial art, and sample footwear from the Lambertson Truex men’s collection.
Photo by Pieter Estersohn, Elle Decor, October 2008
The study is an important room in the house. Here are some useful feng shui tips for study room design.
Start by making sure that the study room is tidy. Studying in an untidy room can be quite distracting, so make sure that the room itself is clean and calm. Don’t leave things that are not [...]
White Interior Design Inspiration for Home Office, simple and sophisticated home office style.
designer: Sara Gilbane
photo: Skinny Laminx
somethings hiding in here
photo: Summer Thornton
photo: Pierce Allen
Pictures Of Living Room Reading Nook
Modern red library: Le Corbusier cowhide chaise + built-in bookshelves
Cowhide chaise by Le Corbusier. Eames office chair by Herman Miller. San Francisco residence designed by Peter Pawlak; photo from www.peterpawlak.com.
Bright, modern office: Orange paint + chocolate-brown accents
Can’t commit to a bright orange box? Try painting one wall a paler tone and keeping the others neutral. Add dark wood furniture and chocolate-brown accessories for sophisticated contrast. Or go the opposite route — bright white and pops of turquoise would look great in this space, too.
Gray paint + orange accents + playful details
Blogged about at roomlust.blogspot.com.
More on xJavierx
When planning for a comfortable detached home office, allow adequate room for a desk with rolling chair, office equipment such as a printer, fax and phone, and storage along with any other items necessary for your office to function properly. Also consider taking advantage of common shed space-saving ideas such as loft storage and built-in cabinets and shelves. Plan electrical, phone and internet outlet locations to complement the space plan. Another important item to allow for is ample daylight; installing French doors and windows on at least two walls can make a small office feel more open and spacious. Heating and cooling requirements vary based on local climate, but a space heater or wall AC unit may be all that is needed if floors, walls and ceilings of the outbuilding are fully insulated. Finish the space off with pleasant interior materials, colors, and furnishings rather than standard institutional finishes and you will have a functional and satisfying home office. Couple this with some good backyard gardening skills, and your twenty-second morning commute can become the most anticipated part of your day. (via)
EhomeE Related Posts
More from this category
- Leather Sofa and Other Handcrafted Designs
- Leaf Chair Designs
- Combining the Antiques and Contemporary Design by Vicente Wolf
- Plywood Bookshelf by Linfa Design
- Pretty Chairs From Alice Lane Home
- Modern Contemporary Living room Design: Blue and Orange
- Dorophy Tang for Adidas – Furniture with Blue and white
- Wood Furniture from John Ross Design and Hudson Furniture
- Home Office Designs – Modern home office furniture
- Modern Home Office Ideas and Designs
- Archive for 'Furniture' »
More from this category
- Cute Nursery Arrangement
- Creat a Romantic Rome with Red, Pink and White
- Modern and Eco-friendly Design SEESAW Faucet
- New-Traditional Style Room Design
- Antique Cottage Style Bedroom Designs
- Building a Floor-to-ceiling Storage Cabinets for Your Bathroom
- White House In Winter–Interior Design
- Small Narrow Bathroom Creative Design
- Colourful Modern Apartment Design By What We Do
- Modern Minimalist Look Sanitary Ware in Rustic Bathroom
- Archive for 'Interior Design, Home improvement' »